"Feeling unique is a habit you shouldn't give up."

- Alberto Fermani



"Anyone can get all dressed up and glamorous, but it is how people dress in their off days that is the most intriguing."

-Alexander Wang



6.12.2012

Alexis Bittar Does It Again

Sometimes, just when I think a favorite designer has tapped out on inspiration, they pull something new out of their hat that gets me totally re-obsessed. Alexis Bittar, long a favorite of mine and who I have several pieces by, was starting to look a bit obvious to me with regard to his lucite pieces. But then I came across this- The O'Keefe Antique Silver Skull Bracelet. Inspired (of course) by Georgia O'Keefe and her love of New Mexico, Bittar came up with this color and pattern infused lucite bangle that is tough(think horned skull) and yet feminine (think crystal details). Did I mention that there are also some rockin' O'Keefe lucite hoop earrings sans the skull that I covet? BUT, using my new and improved shopping filter, I declined. C'est la vie... I've got the bangle and I'm wearing it constantly!

No comments:

Post a Comment