"Feeling unique is a habit you shouldn't give up."

- Alberto Fermani



"Anyone can get all dressed up and glamorous, but it is how people dress in their off days that is the most intriguing."

-Alexander Wang



5.22.2013

Free To Be Me

I stopped blogging. I don't know exactly what my problem was but it had something to do with feeling uninspired. I was tired of trying to come up with interesting "content." But the other day, I had an epiphany. I have a point of view on style and fashion and, while that always influences what I'm posting about, I was working too hard to appeal to a lot of different people. I had forgotten to tell you about what really inspires me. Or at least what really brings me joy because it is beautiful. So I'm getting back to basics starting now.

The Rodin Museum in Philadelphia re-opened after a lengthy renovation. About 8 months ago, the family and I visited it and I found it to be really special. My favorite was the bust of  The Man with a Broken Nose. The message is not hard to decipher- Rodin found beauty in character, not just what was thought of as traditionally beautiful. It is a powerful, moving sculpture and I felt strongly connected to it. It also drove home the idea that the things that speak to me don't need anyone else's approval. I'm just free to be me!


The Man with a Broken Nose
Auguste Rodin


No comments:

Post a Comment