"Feeling unique is a habit you shouldn't give up."

- Alberto Fermani



"Anyone can get all dressed up and glamorous, but it is how people dress in their off days that is the most intriguing."

-Alexander Wang



6.19.2010

Dazed and Confused




I'm sitting at home on a Saturday night fully enjoying yet another viewing of one of my favorite all-time movies, Dazed and Confused. There are so many things to love about this movie- the music, the cars, Matthew McConaughey- a.k.a. Wooderson-"That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age.", Jason London, a very young Ben Afflek in a quilted button down shirt, Parker Posey, the Soul Pole, the beer bust, my list goes on and on. But, of course, the fashions are at the top of my list. I love the scene of all the different kids getting ready for their big night out and one of the girls is laying on her back on the bed while another friend stands over her with pliers to get her jeans zipped up. They are that tight! Hilarious. I love Joey Lauren Adams in her short short cut-off jeans, tube socks pulled up, baseball tee tied up to show her midriff. Milla Jovovich's super long hair with little side braids, major flared jeans, long vest over a tube top. She's definitely my favorite. Anyway, I don't need to repeat the entire movie for you here. I assume you've seen it at least once. If you haven't, you need to asap.

Here's what I'd wear if I were in the movie- and it was 2010- which would be impossible but you get my point...

No comments:

Post a Comment