"Feeling unique is a habit you shouldn't give up."

- Alberto Fermani



"Anyone can get all dressed up and glamorous, but it is how people dress in their off days that is the most intriguing."

-Alexander Wang



6.28.2010

Feeling Beachy



I've been totally lax about posting the past week as I've been away at the beach. Something about the beach makes me kind of lazy in the evenings. I think part of it is being outside in the sun, surf, and sand so much that I'm exhausted by the time evening rolls around.

I spent the past few days at Wrightsville Beach in Wilmington, NC. I love, love, love this beach. It is very relaxed, really inexpensive, and a beautiful, wide beach with perfectly temperate water by this time of year. The seashells are pretty and plentiful, the restaurants are not fancy but there are several good eats (Tower 7, Trolley Stop), and the shopping is great. If you venture off the island just a couple of miles, you hit Lumina Station which is filled with higher-end shops that are fantastic and fashionable. My favorites are Beanie and Cecile and Zia Bird. But, in the spirit of the true vibe of Wrightsville Beach, I have to especially mention Sweetwater Surf Shop right in the heart of the beach town. It's locally owned since 1976 and hosts a pretty big surf competition each year. The shopping there is exactly what you want when you're at the beach. They carry men, women, and children's clothing and shoes. They have bathing suits, shoes, jewelry, surf videos, and, of course, surf boards and all the accoutrements you could need. The clothes are relaxed and beachy and very affordable. I should also mention the service is great and obviously family-owned. If you have a chance to visit, it is a definite must-see.

www.sweetwatersurfshop.com

No comments:

Post a Comment