"Feeling unique is a habit you shouldn't give up."

- Alberto Fermani



"Anyone can get all dressed up and glamorous, but it is how people dress in their off days that is the most intriguing."

-Alexander Wang



7.06.2010

Out on the Town and Pushing...40.

I don't actually like to think of myself as "pushing 40." I'm still (barely) as close to 35 as I am to 40. But, still. I find that I struggle with getting dressed for a night out of dancing and drinks more than any other occasion. I've never been one to go to clubs. But when I am faced with a more club-like evening, I freeze. What to wear? I don't want to be too sexy and give off the vibe that I'm available. And I definitely don't want to look like I'm trying to recapture my youth. But I also don't want to look like an old fuddy-duddy. I was recently faced with this on the beginning part of my vacation when I spent 3 nights at the beach with two girlfriends. One of the nights, we hit a "club." I'd been there the year before but, nevertheless, I wasn't prepared. So I'm going to make it a mission to pick up one dress for summer and one for winter that will fill this hole in my wardrobe so that, on the rare instance that I'm presented with this issue, I'll be ready. Here are three possibilities that look promising.

CAIRO
195 GBP - kurtgeiger.com
More Kurt Geiger shoes »

No comments:

Post a Comment