"Feeling unique is a habit you shouldn't give up."

- Alberto Fermani



"Anyone can get all dressed up and glamorous, but it is how people dress in their off days that is the most intriguing."

-Alexander Wang



2.14.2013

Underwhelmed at Target- Again

Once again, there was lots of hype surrounding the Prabal Gurung for Target capsule collection. And once again, I'm underwhelmed. This time, I didn't even bother showing up on launch day. But, as I was in this morning shopping for last  minute chocolates for the kids, I stopped to take a peak.

The positives were this: a couple of the prints were quite lovely and there was a jersey print dress that I could almost get behind, save for the cheap looking skirt attached to the bottom. The shoe collection was fantastic especially a pair of painterly, single sole pumps and a black floral print open-toe bootie. I loved the shoes.

The negatives were the same that they usually are. The fabrics by and large look cheap. The dresses are cut for girls in their teens or twenties (and I don't mean they are too skimpy they just look like they belong on really young women), and the quality of craftsmanship reflects the inexpensive price tag.

Anyway, I don't know. Maybe it's time to pack in the designer capsule collections. Except for Missoni, they have been adequate at best. My advice would be to save your money and splurge on something special that you really love. Cue the disappointed "sigh."

** In the interest of accurate information, there are reports that this collaboration was a success for Target. Success or not, I didn't like it. I guess I'm in the minority.

No comments:

Post a Comment