"Feeling unique is a habit you shouldn't give up."

- Alberto Fermani



"Anyone can get all dressed up and glamorous, but it is how people dress in their off days that is the most intriguing."

-Alexander Wang



3.30.2010

SPLURGE vs. STEAL

SPLURGE



STEAL



Here's a little splurge vs. steal story.



I entered a contest on Piperlime and one of the ensembles I had to create was a "high-powered exec" has important work meeting and then goes straight from work to first date with attractive and interesting guy. The pieces from this look could only come from Piperlime's site which has great stuff and is generally very affordable. But I got inspired to create a "splurge" look as a comparison. I like them both but I do have my favorite... do you?

P.S.

I was out doing "market research" today, and I came across the skirt in the splurge look in person. It is phenomenal. Makes me like this outfit even more.


1 comment:

  1. I like them both a lot, but if i had to choose, I think I actually would pick the "steal" set . . . not based on cost, but I really love the pieces you selected.

    ReplyDelete