"Feeling unique is a habit you shouldn't give up."

- Alberto Fermani



"Anyone can get all dressed up and glamorous, but it is how people dress in their off days that is the most intriguing."

-Alexander Wang



4.01.2010

So Many Jeans, So Little Time


(Seven for all Mankind Dojo jean- available on www.shopbop.com)

(J Brand Babe 23" flare jean- available on www.piperlime.com)

I have a LOT of jeans. Lots of different washes, colors, and styles. They're a bit of a uniform for me for about 3 seasons of the year. Sadly, jean season, in my opinion, is coming to an end. I don't mean all denim, just long jeans. Summertime in D.C. is too hot to be walking around in jeans even on most evenings. You know it's time to put them away when you go to pull them on and they stick to your legs.

In the meantime and before they disappear from my life for a couple of months, I am indulging my current jean obsession- wide leg jeans. I guess it can be kind of confusing as to what is the "most" in style right now- skinny, bootcut, trouser, wide leg, high-waist, mid-rise, boyfriend, cropped, and the list goes on. Oh, I almost forgot, the infamous JEGGING! You know, jean leggings. These are actually tighter than skinny jeans. Ridiculous. Well, at least on me. I think the jegging trend is really best suited for those in their 20's (or teens!). Actually, to be honest, I bought some for my 3 year old. She looks adorable in them. I'll say no more.

But I LOVE the wide leg jean. High-waisted or mid-rise, they are super flattering. And I really think they can be just as sexy as a skinny jean, especially when paired with a pair of crazy high heels, platforms, wedges, or other. They should be fitted through the stomach and upper thighs and then, get really, really wide. Don't even bother doing them with flats. They look good long and make your legs look thin and like they go on forever. If you only indulge in one pair, go with a dark, even wash. I promise you'll love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment