"Feeling unique is a habit you shouldn't give up."

- Alberto Fermani



"Anyone can get all dressed up and glamorous, but it is how people dress in their off days that is the most intriguing."

-Alexander Wang



7.21.2011

The Secret is in the Details




The real secret to style is in the details. Once you've embraced it, it's impossible not to address it in every aspect of your life. With this in mind, I was flipping through the new J Crew catalog today. As I've expressed before, I'm a big, big, big fan of Jenna Lyons, their Creative Director. Under her direction, J Crew has really become a staple in many people's wardrobes, including mine. For a few years in the recent past, I regularly visited the store for clients because it was such a good building block for wardrobe updates. But now, I find myself choosing things for clients and throwing in a piece or two for me, too! So I was loving a lot of what I was seeing in the catalog (especially this jacket)


and set it down to start making dinner when, there it was- the back side picture. It is of this amazing luggage called the Abingdon Collection. Waxed cotton canvas in khaki with leather and cotton handles and strap give it a relaxed, well-worn feel. I think it totally exemplifies that chic-without-trying look that can be so hard to achieve. And that is what I mean- when you're willing to care about even the luggage you are carrying, you may be obsessed. But, in my opinion, this is one obsession that is worth having!

No comments:

Post a Comment