"Feeling unique is a habit you shouldn't give up."

- Alberto Fermani



"Anyone can get all dressed up and glamorous, but it is how people dress in their off days that is the most intriguing."

-Alexander Wang



8.28.2011

Sorry I've Been Away


I'm back from an extended stay at the beach and, while I was good about posting in the beginning, I got a little wrapped up in the sun, sand, and pool to keep up like I should have. But it's time to get down to business. Fall is here- well, at least the fashion's are- and there is a lot to talk about.

Leather is remaining a really strong trend and I am crazy about all the different ways, both elegant and sexy, that it is available. I definitely think you can never have too many leather jackets but I have struggled a little with the leather skirt thing. I always worry that they look either too sexy or too young on me. Then I saw this one by 3.1 Phillip Lim at Neiman's a few weeks ago. It comes in black but I really love this rich cognac color. It is so sophisticated and the length is appropriate but it is also really flattering. I'm picturing it with a white lace blouse and some wedge lace up booties. Or maybe a tank and cropped jacket in a color like bright green or deep orange. There are a lot of options but one thing is for sure- this is a season must-have for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment