"Feeling unique is a habit you shouldn't give up."

- Alberto Fermani



"Anyone can get all dressed up and glamorous, but it is how people dress in their off days that is the most intriguing."

-Alexander Wang



9.04.2011

Transition

Until today, I thought Hurricane Irene had pretty much ended summer. But today we were back to 90 degrees so I guess we have a week or two left. In the meantime, it's time to start transitioning our wardrobes. One of my favorite ways to do this is with white. White after Labor Day is no longer a no-no. But you do need to make the white look like fall instead of like summer. For example, I usually avoid nautical stripes with white jeans once September arrives. Instead, I use darker colors and neutral or dark shoes. I also love white jackets with blue jeans. But be aware of the fabrics of your clothing this time of year. Linen really is a summer fabric and isn't going to work past September, especially in white. The same thing with eyelet- it is just really summery.

Here are a couple of examples I put together to show you what I mean.

White in the Fall

Dorothy Perkins knit top
£35 - dorothyperkins.com

Sleeveless jacket
$120 - topshop.com

J Brand wide leg blue jeans
$392 - coggles.com

Citizens of humanity jeans
$250 - farfetch.com

Bike pants
$85 - topshop.com

Sam Edelman platform heels
€258 - my-wardrobe.com

Zara boots
$100 - zara.com

Old Navy oxford shoes
$35 - oldnavy.gap.com

NADA SAWAYA shoulder handbag
$1,656 - bluefly.com

Crossbody handbag
$50 - topshop.com

Dannijo snake bangle
$485 - ssense.com

Amrita Singh 18k necklace
$250 - amritasingh.com

Emerald green earrings
$150 - jennifermillerjewelry.com

Wool hat
$48 - nordstrom.com



No comments:

Post a Comment