"Feeling unique is a habit you shouldn't give up."

- Alberto Fermani



"Anyone can get all dressed up and glamorous, but it is how people dress in their off days that is the most intriguing."

-Alexander Wang



4.23.2012

Inspired Original



I'm not one to "copy" celebrity style.  As a matter of fact, I try to avoid "copies" at all costs.  Who wants to look like a half-assed version of a celebrity who has more money to spend on the ensemble and who is undoubtedly skinnier than me?  However, once in a blue moon, I see a look I really love, and I let myself be inspired by it.  "Inspired" is a term I like much better than "copy."

On the first episode of Fashion Star (which is horrible), Nicole Richie had on the best outfit.  I am a big Nicole Richie fan- both of her style- which is iconic, in my opinion- and her sense of humor, which is irreverent and maybe even a little vulgar.  But I digress.  Nicole had on a vintage fringed black maxi dress and a head piece and completely stole the show.  I could not tell you one thing the designers ( a term I think they use loosely) designed or one thing Jessica Simpson said.  That, of course, isn't saying much, but you get my point.  Nicole looked cool, classy, and interesting which are three adjectives that are not necessarily easy to pull off in the same outfit. 

As the dress is vintage, my recreation options are limited.  I would LOVE to have her fringe dress but that must remain a dream for the time being.  In the meantime, here is my version that I think is gorgeous and has my own twist- which makes it far from a copy, if you ask me.


Inspired Original

No comments:

Post a Comment