"Feeling unique is a habit you shouldn't give up."

- Alberto Fermani



"Anyone can get all dressed up and glamorous, but it is how people dress in their off days that is the most intriguing."

-Alexander Wang



4.13.2012

Too Much Color??


-purple high-waisted trousers by Alice and Olivia
-leopard print silk tank by Amanda Uprichard
-floral print silk jacket by Trina Turk
-dark green suede pumps by Miu Miu
-green lucite earrings by Alexis Bittar
*All Items Owned by ME for Over 120 Days (and some a lot longer than that!)*

Spring has sprung and OH! is it a colorful season?! I've been colorblocking with the best of them since last fall and was pleased the trend was continuing to spring. I mean, why buy into something if you only get a couple month's use out of it? But yesterday, as I was shopping for a client, I found my head was SPINNING with all the color going on. Every store- Neimans, Anthropologie, Macy's- was insane with color. And, OMG, J Crew was literally painful to be in. There was bright green, bright red, bright yellow, polka dots, stripes, aaahhhahahha! It was crazy.

I love that my wardrobe has had new life breathed into it with all this color. It is spirit-lifting and makes me happy. But I have to say, when every designer seems to jump on the exact same bandwagon in such a major way, it starts to feel less original. It smacks of being purely consumer-driven. I know, I know. These folks are in it to make a buck. But what makes fashion interesting to me is originality, uniqueness, a certain je ne sais quoi? So beware, fellow fashion lovers. Choose carefully or you may end up looking just like every other woman walking down the street.

On a different, but still colorful, note- here's what I wore last night to an event. I mixed leopard and floral. Quelle horreur? You be the judge. And, remember, nothing new! I have to make it work from what I already own.


No comments:

Post a Comment