"Feeling unique is a habit you shouldn't give up."

- Alberto Fermani



"Anyone can get all dressed up and glamorous, but it is how people dress in their off days that is the most intriguing."

-Alexander Wang



5.23.2010

Bringing Sexy (and Dangerous) Back

My most recent obsession, "Spine".


Last weekend, I went to the art festival at Reston Town Center to check out an artist that was showing there who I know from high school. I was totally amazed and impressed. There were some fantastic artists- not just a few but a lot and the festival was huge so that is saying something. But I was totally blown away by the woman I went to see. Her name is AnaMarie Paredes and she is local by way of McLean, VA. She's a metal sculptor which I find to be intriguing in and of itself. Her pieces are something very special. They are intricate and presumably heavy but still had a delicacy to them that I loved. My favorite piece, though, and the one I can't stop thinking about was called "Spine." It is sexy and dangerous and something I would love to have in my home. It got me thinking about how practical dressing is important but every woman needs to have at least a little sexy and dangerous in their lives. So here's an outfit inspired by "Spine"- totally and completely inappropriate for the playground, or walking the dog, or most of life's inane daily activites. But it is definitely sexy and definitely hints at danger and, most importantly, will make you feel like the confident, gorgeous woman you are. Where to wear it? How about an art opening?

No comments:

Post a Comment