-Butter at theshoehive.com
- Diane von Furstenberg at shopbop.com
-from The Sophia Loren Archives
- red lips on a red head!
- See by Chloe at net-a-porter.com Leopard and Day Dress= two trends in one!
August is here and while that signals the beginning of the end of summer (which makes me sad), it also signals the beginning of the beginning of Fall Fashion (which makes me very, very happy). Trends this season can seem confusing if you get too wrapped up in them. American Classic is in. So is opulence. Simple, dainty jewelry is making a comeback; so is heavily layering your chains. Sky high-heeled booties are in; so are kitten heels. All of this is an indication that, really, anything goes as long as you know what you’re doing. This is great news for our existing wardrobes because it may mean they just need tweaking. There is so much you can look forward to this Fall but here is a list of what I think are the top 10 easiest and most important trends to work in. No matter what your style, at least some of these should be easy to incorporate.
1. Military influence- Olive green, utility-like belts, combat inspired boots, cargo pants, army jackets…
2. Longer hemlines- calf length or more!
3. Camel- find the right shade for your skin tone and this is really the most sophisticated neutral around. It literally goes with every color you can think of and looks great in monochrome, too.
4. Chambray shirt- looks good with practically everything on this list and then some. Like black leather.
5. Big hair- that’s right… fullness is back. Don’t think Bump-It. Think Sophia Loren.
6. Grey- clothing, bags, shoes, even nail polish. Check out “Chinchilly” by Essie. My new favorite color!
7. Leopard print- I didn’t know it wasn’t ALWAYS in style. Just don’t overdo it, despite what some of the magazines are showing.
8. The Red Lip- it’s all about finding the right red for you. I admit I’ll struggle with this one even though I love it on other people. I plan on heading to a qualified makeup consultant to choose.
9. Kitten heels- no more excuses, all you heel-haters. If you can’t handle a half inch, I don’t know what to say.
10. The Day Dress- looking pulled together doesn’t get any easier than throwing on the perfect dress.