"Feeling unique is a habit you shouldn't give up."

- Alberto Fermani



"Anyone can get all dressed up and glamorous, but it is how people dress in their off days that is the most intriguing."

-Alexander Wang



8.18.2010

How Do You Define Your Style?

Watching Rachel Zoe this week, I was intrigued by a comment she made regarding her style. She was talking about packing for a trip to fashion week and asking how she should dress, rocker Rachel, Chanel Rachel with a little rocker thrown in, boho Rachel (no, it was too cold for boho Rachel) and the list went on. I guess it had never occured to me that she defined her own personal style in different ways. I mean, it's one thing to have a different look at work versus home/play. But her job allows her look to be for both. However, it made me feel better because I have different styles I like, too, some of which I've had a hard time reconciling in the past. Most specifically, I'm really drawn to vintage 1950's silouhettes which does not in any way jive with my usual rocker/bohemian thing. But worry no more. Some days I will be this and some days I will be that. Who knew Rachel Zoe was such a genius?



No comments:

Post a Comment