"Feeling unique is a habit you shouldn't give up."

- Alberto Fermani



"Anyone can get all dressed up and glamorous, but it is how people dress in their off days that is the most intriguing."

-Alexander Wang



8.26.2010

Clogs


Available on etsy and just like the one's I had as a kid!


Schutz available on shopbop.com
Michael Kors Yolanda boot

Dolce Vita available on cusp.com

Clogs conjure all kinds of style visions, many of which are not that attractive. They are often heavy and clunky. They certainly call to mind the 1970's (which is a good thing to me but maybe not so good for a lot of people). They also remind me of 3rd grade when I had a pair of Dr. Scholl's slip-on wooden heeled sandals in navy blue that you couldn't walk quietly in if you tried. I'm sure my teacher hated them. More recently, they may call to mind the croc invasion of which I avidly disapprove unless you truly are just gardening in them. But if the trend wasn't big enough for you last season, you might as well get on the bandwagon now. Clogs are everywhere and there is a lot to choose from. You can go with a subtle clog detail like on this Dolce Vita pump. If you're really in to it, maybe something more hard core like this Michael Kors over-the-knee boot. Or there is always the updated yet classic version like this one by Schutz. I am a fan. I will be wearing them. Just maybe not at the playground.

No comments:

Post a Comment