"Feeling unique is a habit you shouldn't give up."

- Alberto Fermani



"Anyone can get all dressed up and glamorous, but it is how people dress in their off days that is the most intriguing."

-Alexander Wang



12.14.2010

Hankering for Some Warmer Weather




In the midst of all this Christmas shopping, I stopped in to my all-time favorite store, The Shoe Hive. The She Hive started out as primarily shoes, of course, but has expanded to a wonderful selection that includes handbags, hosiery, sunglasses, jewelry, and more. The selection is wonderful because it covers a wide range of prices and styles. You're as likely to find a great necklace or pair of leather gloves on the "under $100" wall as you are in the glass case. And this is not the same stuff you see in every department store. I'm not sure if I've ever left without purchasing something. Of course, when I stopped in the other day for a gift, I walked out with several including an amazing necklace of tiny gold discs strung on brightly colored silk with teeny tiny evil eyes dangling at the clasp. Can we say, one for you, one for me, please?!

BUT, in addition to my gift success, I really got a hankering for a little bit of someplace warm. Check out these adorable flip flops and this fantastic bag perfect for the beach or anywhere. With months to go until respite from the cold, I guess my dreams of these will just have to keep me warm!

The bag and shoes are available online at www.theshoehive.com. For a full selection, stop in the store. 127 South Fairfax St., Old Town, Alexandria.

No comments:

Post a Comment