"Feeling unique is a habit you shouldn't give up."

- Alberto Fermani



"Anyone can get all dressed up and glamorous, but it is how people dress in their off days that is the most intriguing."

-Alexander Wang



5.31.2012

Spanx Me

Today, I had a moment of divine Spanx intervention. You see, I purchased a dress a while ago in a beautiful peachy creme crepe. It is not particularly fitted but it skims the lower half of the body. The only downside to this gorgeous, sophisticated frock is that it shows everything on my behind. Apparently "everything" these days includes several new dimples that either did not previously exist or are unfortunately highlighted by the peachy creme crepe. Whatever the reason, I purchased the dress knowing I would need an undergarment that smoothed out the issue, if you know what I mean.

Fast forward to today when I walked into Bloomers in Old Town. I love this store as it inspires spending gobs of money on items that only I (and my husband) get to see. Anyhoo, Bloomers has an awesome selection of slimming, sculpting, and otherwise masquerading dainties and the helpful (albeit too-young-and-thin-to-need-spanx) salesperson guided me away from one choice (too much chance of thigh bulge/seams showing through) and towards two others. They are equally brilliant which, of course, prompted me to purchase them both so that I am prepared for every possible undergarment need. Which means any of YOU who see me in my ensembles will never know if I'm spanxing or not. Except that you will, since I just told you all my dressing secrets.

Option One- Shorts (laser cut on the leg to eliminate the dreaded thigh bulge) and to the waist. Now I can sit in my dress and you won't see my Spanx peeking out when the hemline rises up.



Option Two- Skort. That's right. A skort. As in shorts (again laser cut) in the back with a front flap to keep your skirt from going between your legs as you walk. Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment