"Feeling unique is a habit you shouldn't give up."

- Alberto Fermani



"Anyone can get all dressed up and glamorous, but it is how people dress in their off days that is the most intriguing."

-Alexander Wang



4.09.2010

Channeling Isabel Marant


If you haven't heard of Isabel Marant, you must check her out. Net-a-porter.com carries quite a few pieces of her Spring line. She's a French designer who is very popular there, with several stores in Paris and is just starting to make a big name for herself here. She started with a jewelry line, moved into knitwear, and, finally, to women's read-to-wear. Her look is boho/rock/tailored eclectic. Say what?!! But that's what I love. If you look at each piece individually, there is really something there for almost everyone. However, as usual, a lot of her line (not all, though!) is expensive. So, in an effort to quell my Marant cravings, here's my take. One might argue that the jacket I've chosen is not tailored enough for how she would do it. But I think I like it a touch tougher. And I KNOW I like the prices better!


No comments:

Post a Comment