"Feeling unique is a habit you shouldn't give up."

- Alberto Fermani



"Anyone can get all dressed up and glamorous, but it is how people dress in their off days that is the most intriguing."

-Alexander Wang



4.12.2011

The Elusive White Top



I have always loved a white shirt. This could stem from my days of Catholic school when I wore white button downs every day (although one might think that would have the opposite effect). In college, I invested heavily in Hanes white v-neck tee shirts since this was both super cheap and could be worn with practically every thing in my closet. In my late 20's, I went through a major white boyfriend tank phase. Since then, I have bought more white tops than I can count. Silk, linen, jersey, cotton poplin- the list goes on. As we all know, the white top is particularly difficult because of how easily stains show and how quickly they yellow under the arms. But, once in a while, I find one that I wish I had 5 of so they would last forever. More frequently, though, I buy and buy and still seem to think I don't have quite the right one. I've figured out a few go-to's. Old Navy for ribbed white boyfriend tanks. They are cheap and I buy 2 or 3 each spring. White button downs come from J Crew. And the short sleeve white v-neck usually works well from James Perse. Beyond that, it's anyone's guess. Here are a few I'm liking now but you never really know until you buy it.


Short sleeve top by Rebecca Taylor available at www.shopbop.com


Marru top by Joie available at www.shopbop.com


Crossover pleat top by Vince available at www.shopbop.com

No comments:

Post a Comment