"Feeling unique is a habit you shouldn't give up."

- Alberto Fermani



"Anyone can get all dressed up and glamorous, but it is how people dress in their off days that is the most intriguing."

-Alexander Wang



4.07.2011

Shorts


Las Ramblas shorts available at anthropologie.com

Shorts are in, and have been for a couple of seasons now, but I approach this trend with caution. I hear from a lot of people that they feel the same way. The fact is, they are a really easy way to deal with the heat and, with a little effort, do not have to make you look like a "soccer mom." (No offense to soccer moms- I recently became one myself!) I'm certainly not checking out the really short ones given 1. the fact that I'm bending over a lot with my kids and 2. my legs aren't good enough for the really short ones. (Hey...know your limitations, right?!)

There are tons of options out there for all occassions. I'm staying focused on the casual options that I can throw in the washing machine for my summer wardrobe but there are some great dressy versions, too.

Here are a few of my favorites.


Scribble shorts available at anthropologie.com


Safari shorts available at madewell.com


Karina Grimaldi shorts available at 25park.com


Sailor shorts available at jcrew.com

No comments:

Post a Comment