"Feeling unique is a habit you shouldn't give up."

- Alberto Fermani



"Anyone can get all dressed up and glamorous, but it is how people dress in their off days that is the most intriguing."

-Alexander Wang



2.27.2012

Oscars- Only the Dresses Worth Mentioning


photo by Bauer Griffin at zimbio.com












Louise Roe on the red carpet
photo- Getty Images












With so many people commenting on who wore what to the Oscars and whether or not it was good, I'm thinking you just may have had enough. But I do have opinions, of course, so I've decided to handle it by only commenting on the people who did something interesting, good or bad. I mean, Cameron Diaz, Penelope Cruz, even Angelina Jolie were all so... expected. The only thing that makes Angelina even slightly more mentionable was the hilarious and pretentious pose she couldn't stop making even on stage.

But I'll keep it quick so that you don't lose interest.

Starting with the worst:

Melissa McCarthy- Terrible. But only because of the sleeves. I like her so much, I feel badly saying it but it's true.

Amara Miller- I know she's 11 so I'll be gentle. But who chose that for her? She's super young and sweet and they've got her swathed in enough fabric to drape a window. Let the kid have some fun and cut that ridiculous tulle off her arms!

Jennifer Lopez- Umm. I know you all saw what I saw when she was presenting. Yikes. But besides that, I really disliked this dress. It made me dizzy.

Berenice Bejo- It pains me to say this because I could not stop staring at this woman while I watched The Artist. She is SO gorgeous and has these stunning, stunning features. But the dress was frumpy. Mint green was interesting but the dress looked like it was made for someone much older.

Jessica Chastain- I dunno. There was something that seemed too done about it. I just didn't dig it. At all.

And the best:

Gwyneth Paltrow!!!- This was by far my favorite. She looked perfect (for the second year in a row, I might add) in her white Tom Ford cape dress. A cape on the red carpet! I'm so happy that some stars are willing to be interesting and unique without being wacky.

Sandra Bullock- I know I'm in the minority here but I love this Marchesa dress. Why does everyone think it was ill-fitting? Just because it wasn't tight at the top does not make it a bad fit.

Rooney Mara- I loved her in this ivory dress by Givenchy. And I loved her with a smile. So much better than the usual gloom and doom.

Shailene Woodley- Fantastic. To all the naysayers, I say this was one bad-ass Valentino dress and she looked gorgeous.

Louise Roe- Do you know who she is? I didn't. But she was a host on the red carpet last night and does a lot of stuff for E!. Her dress was by Black Halo and, next to Gwyneth, was at the top of the list. It just goes to show you don't have to wear a major designer to look beautiful and cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment