"Feeling unique is a habit you shouldn't give up."

- Alberto Fermani



"Anyone can get all dressed up and glamorous, but it is how people dress in their off days that is the most intriguing."

-Alexander Wang



2.01.2012

Traffic Cone is NOT a Good Look


Despite a pounding headache, I'm super excited to head out to the W Hotel tonight in DC for Simon Doonan's book signing (Gay Men Don't Get Fat). Since a very kind friend of mine invited me, I get to go to the pre-signing party where I'm hoping to have a better chance of an actual meeting with the fantastic Mr. Doonan. I think he's hilarious and obviously talented so it's gonna be kool and the gang. (That's a reference he is old enough to get and I am, too, so maybe we'll get along famously.)

Anyway, given the major orange trend for Spring (or tangerine if you want to sound more delicate about it), I'm wearing my new 3.1 Phillip Lim jacket again. If you've forgotten, I wore it in New Orleans a couple of weeks ago. However, I'm switching it up because 1. I don't really like to wear the same exact outfit twice and 2. I was a little bugged by how I wore it last time. After a couple of drinks in NOLA, I became convinced that I looked like a traffic cone. As far as I can tell, that is not stylish.

SO, in an effort to avoid this sensation again, I'm messing around with the proportions a little and having some fun with texture instead of sticking with the plain black tank underneath. The top underneath is white, sheer, and with a much longer back than front. I love it.

Check it out:

shoes- Marni
jeans- COH
top- Anthropologie
jacket- 3.1 Phillip Lim


me and Simon Doonan- He's all business; I'm all about the picture!






P.S.
The outfit was a hit tonight. Especially the jacket. It will be fun to plan the next outing of this memorable jacket. I'm thinking stripes (not navy/white, though, as that could be too nautical). We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment