"Feeling unique is a habit you shouldn't give up."

- Alberto Fermani



"Anyone can get all dressed up and glamorous, but it is how people dress in their off days that is the most intriguing."

-Alexander Wang



2.14.2012

A Valentine's Night Post

I know you all are SHOCKED that I am posting a blog on Valentine's night. I'm sure you assumed I would be out at some super fancy restaurant in a super fancy outfit, right? Actually, if you read my blog at all, you know that is the opposite of what I would be doing on a night like tonight.

I did not celebrate the occasion with a themed ensemble. But some people did. Like my four year old daughter who was like a real, live valentine in her red tutu and pink leggings. Or the fantastic employees at the YMCA Alexandria who added a red sweater or jacket to honor this special day. All appropriate and charming in my opinion. However, I feel I MUST send an urgent message to the woman I saw walking in to a local restaurant this evening. Red dress plus sheer red pantyhose equals BAD Valentine's Day outfit. I assume you were going in to celebrate with your sweetie. But my advice to you is, if you want to keep him, switch up the ensemble. Assuming the red dress is a given, try this. If you're guy isn't impressed, he doesn't know what he's talking about.

V Day


Alexon below the knee dress, £125
Wolford hosiery, €18
Steven peep toe platform pumps, $159
Kate Spade block earrings, $78

No comments:

Post a Comment