"Feeling unique is a habit you shouldn't give up."

- Alberto Fermani



"Anyone can get all dressed up and glamorous, but it is how people dress in their off days that is the most intriguing."

-Alexander Wang



9.21.2010

Caught Unawares at a Hip Bar

Tonight I went to see my brother-in-law, Matt Martin, on Jeopardy (Matt- you were awesome!). We went to this place in Arlington that I had never been to or heard of. I got there right on time because I had the kids with me and they needed to eat dinner, blah, blah, blah. Oops. I realized immediately that I had underestimated the hip factor. First, I had two little kids with me. The twenty-somethings streaming in did not necessarily think that was cool. Second, I had not realized that this place was really cool and my very casual outfit of cargo pants, black tee shirt, and some jewelry was not totally cutting it. Thank god I had put on some cute black wedges instead of just flip flops (which had crossed my mind since I knew I'd be chasing my adoreable little monsters). Of course, since I always accessorize, I was safe. But, if I had planned a little better, I would have looked more like this...

5 comments:

  1. I thought you looked fabulous - as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! YOU looked great- love the navy sparkly heels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Zoo you always look great! and you did look great that night too.. so no worries.. and who needs 20 year old yuppies to think we are cool anyway? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally digging those ankle boots! Sigghhhh...if only I weren't already 5'11". ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. First, I wish I had a few more inches on me so I think you're lucky to be tall. But I know the dressing dilemmas you face. Check out these boots by Ash. 4.5 centimeters for the heel height (that's less than 2 inches). They would give your legs and rear that high heel shape without getting so much height from all these crazy 4-5 inch heels out there. And you'll be more comfortable!

    http://www.spoiledbrat.co.uk/womenswear-1/shoes-26/heels-83/ash-footwear-jeff-ankle-36622.htm

    ReplyDelete