"Feeling unique is a habit you shouldn't give up."

- Alberto Fermani



"Anyone can get all dressed up and glamorous, but it is how people dress in their off days that is the most intriguing."

-Alexander Wang



9.16.2010

She Did It Again!!




One of the many things I love about Isabel Marant is that she is relatively affordable in the context of higher-end fashion. Her fall season is totally different than spring and it is very cool. There is a not-so-subtle nod to 50's good girl/bad girl fashion. Very Rizzo from Grease. Very cool. So I rushed over to net-a-porter to check out what they had from the line. And look what I found- the perfect black top that will make my jeans look hip, my circle skirts look modern, my white trousers look like a cocktail party tuxedo, and so on. Next, the belt. They say no idea is original and I guess they're right because I have been dreaming of a belt JUST like this. I should mention that, technically, the top is Etoile Isabel Marant, her second line, which is even better because it is even less expensive. Love that! The jacket, which will not be making its way to my closet due to a pricey price tag, is the epitome of perfect. I'll just dream about that one. Anyway, so much good stuff, so little time.

No comments:

Post a Comment