"Feeling unique is a habit you shouldn't give up."

- Alberto Fermani



"Anyone can get all dressed up and glamorous, but it is how people dress in their off days that is the most intriguing."

-Alexander Wang



10.26.2010

cheap jewelry


I'm a big believer in supporting boutiques. Department/chain stores can literally mean death to the small business owner. But once in a while (like once or twice a year, max (no pun intended!)) I wander in to TJ Maxx. I always wander through their "runway" section where the designer goodies are (I rarely find anything I love although they do have tons of M Missoni pieces which I like), the shoes (which I NEVER find good ones in my very popular size), and the kitchen/house section (sometimes I score good stuff like right now they are full of Le Creuset pieces). But the one department I have a lot of luck in is the jewelry department. They have tons and tons of stuff, all styles, big price range, jumbled together in piles in ugly neon-lit glass cases making it all but impossible to see if there is anything good. But, since you'll be waiting about 10 minutes to get any help at the counter anyway, you might as well browse. So now I've hopefully deterred you from stopping there on any kind of regular basis but, if once in a blue moon, you're in the area, stop in for a peek and maybe you'll find a good deal.

P.S.
Today I found a ring reminiscent of this one. The one I found was black and clear crystals in an of evil eye pattern that was bigger and flatter. Totally cool. Only 80 bucks. This one is $595 (on sale!) and is from ice.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment