"Feeling unique is a habit you shouldn't give up."

- Alberto Fermani



"Anyone can get all dressed up and glamorous, but it is how people dress in their off days that is the most intriguing."

-Alexander Wang



10.04.2010

Reunion

It's reunion season again. For some of us, it's a big one (I'm not mentioning what number but you can probably figure it out.) I love to come up with reunion outfits for people and have been doing it long before I became a Personal Shopper. Even at the stores I've worked at in the past, shoppers looking for the perfect outfit always came in frantically this time of year. Usually, their reunion was in a day or two- sometimes even that night! This, of course, adds a lot of pressure. So, if you plan on going to yours this year (whether it's college or high school) take a look at these example ensembles. The key to the perfect reunion outfit is 1. what is the venue and 2. never look like you're trying too hard.

Venue is really important. Even though I might wear the navy sequined skirt outfit to dinner, I wouldn't wear it to my reunion unless I knew it was cocktail attire. It's more creative than normal cocktail attire but still very evening so it would work. But, if you're going to a pool bar for beers and bar food, you'll look like you're desperate for attention in it. That's when you turn to the green cargo pant look. The tuxedo jacket and jeans will really work for any event and, if you like it but think it might still be too glitzy, change the sequined tank to a cotton tank and you'll be good to go.

Of course, I don't know what I'm wearing to mine in a couple of weeks but it will be some version of one of these. I'll keep you posted!





No comments:

Post a Comment