"Feeling unique is a habit you shouldn't give up."

- Alberto Fermani



"Anyone can get all dressed up and glamorous, but it is how people dress in their off days that is the most intriguing."

-Alexander Wang



11.02.2010

Project Runway Finale




As some of you may know, Gretchen Jones won the season 8 finale of Project Runway, apparently to the great dismay of most of the viewers and many of the bloggers out there. Personally, I don't see what the uproar is about. I love Mondo's clothes and I think his runway collection was fun. But Nina was right- it is really young and it isn't like mixing crazy patterns and colors is totally new. I loved Gretchen's aesthetic all season (especially the beautiful velvet gown she did mid-way through). And I thought the pieces in her runway collection were gorgeous. I also couldn't help but be influenced by her own wardrobe over the course of the season. Did you notice the sequined top with jeans and a silver, low-slung american indian belt in the reunion/finale show? I LOVED that! The way she mixes 70's bohemian with modern and trendy pieces and accessorizes with american indian jewelry is beautiful and a great twist on the 70's trend. So I don't really care if she's "mean" or a "bitch" or if she really is a good person. (If you watched the whole season they were all NASTY beyond belief to Michael C., especially Ivy who, I think, doesn't have a creative bone in her body!) I just know I liked her clothes and, while she most certainly draws on a past decade for her inspiration, she does it in a new and modern way. If she ever really makes it, I would definitely check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment