"Feeling unique is a habit you shouldn't give up."

- Alberto Fermani



"Anyone can get all dressed up and glamorous, but it is how people dress in their off days that is the most intriguing."

-Alexander Wang



11.15.2010

Recycled Clothing



This Saturday, I finally had an opportunity to wear something that has been in my closet for about 5 years now and has never before been worn... by me, that is. My mom gave me this beautiful floral tiered maxi dress that was hers from the 70's several years ago and I have waited and waited for the right event to wear it. My first opportunity came a few years ago but I got pregnant and couldn't fit in to the top by the time the event rolled around. The second chance came about two years after that. This time I was still nursing and couldn't fit in to the top. (jeez.) FINALLY, my husband and I were invited to a black tie optional gala this past weekend with a rock and roll theme. It was my chance. I updated the dress with a wide leather obi belt by Isabel Marant, burgundy python platforms by Pour la Victoire, and a black leather drape jacket (favorite thing in my closet!) by Loeffler Randall. Some fun earrings and a bracelet and I was good to go. I have to say, I HOPE my hair looked better than in these pictures. I don't think it was so flat looking in person. Let's just hope the outfit was good enough that no one paid close attention to the hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment