"Feeling unique is a habit you shouldn't give up."

- Alberto Fermani



"Anyone can get all dressed up and glamorous, but it is how people dress in their off days that is the most intriguing."

-Alexander Wang



11.17.2011

Parties Aren't Just for Arms Anymore


This whole "arm party***" thing has gotten totally out of control. It's like no one remembers the neck anymore. I much prefer a "soirée de le cou" if you know what I mean.

Last week I picked up this amazing vintage necklace by Judith Leiber. I can't seem to take it off! Then, a couple of days later, I found this felt flower extravaganza at The Shoe Hive. For 15 bucks! How can you pass that up? Like my friend Elizabeth who owns the store pointed out, "It's so Marni!" Yup. I agree. And, since a year and a half after purchase, I still wear this long wooden beaded necklace almost every day, it seems appropriate that I mention it here, too. As I got dressed this morning, I found myself inspired by three things.

1. The rain. As in, it still is. sigh.


2. The Man Repeller (if you don't read this blog, you should.) Leandra was talking arm party again and it got me thinking.


3. This new skirt from Mara Hoffman which was a STEAL at Anthropologie. I wanted something bright and colorful to cheer up the dreary day but I didn't want the skirt to be lonely so...


enter the Soirée de le Cou! Eat your heart out arm party!




***Arm party- a term coined (at least I think it was) by Leandra Medine of Man Repeller. It means when you put a whole bunch of bracelets on your arm at once and you think it looks totally cool. Or like a hot mess, depending on how you want to look at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment