"Feeling unique is a habit you shouldn't give up."

- Alberto Fermani



"Anyone can get all dressed up and glamorous, but it is how people dress in their off days that is the most intriguing."

-Alexander Wang



11.08.2011

A Speaking Engagement

I had the honor last week of speaking to TC Williams advanced placement fashion marketing class about what it's like to be a stylist and personal shopper. The young women were wonderful and I was really impressed with how many of them are going to fashion school. I wish I had had that kind of direction when I was their age! Thank you to my friend Greg and Ms. Chavez, their instructor, for allowing me to share with them.

In typical fashion (ha! a pun!), I paid close attention to what I wore to speak. I wanted to look professional since they were allowing me into their classroom to provide information and guidance. But, given the creative nature of my job, I had to have some fun with it, too. Here's what I came up with- an almost exact recreation, actually- and I hope the class liked it as much as I did. (I did not wear the shiny satin top under the jacket. Instead, it was the Vince moss colored tank. The jacket feels very vintage/asian-inspired and I love it!)

Thanks, ladies, for having me and I hope to see you at the pizza fundraiser on Thursday!

A Speaking Engagement


Vince ribbed tank top, $29
3.1 Phillip Lim drawstring pants, $119
Miu Miu platform high heels, $595
Oroton earrings, 95 AUD
Gold necklace, $68
Rag Bone fedora hat, $150
Trina Turk | Ophelia Jacket, $228
Trina Turk | Ophelia Jacket, $228


P.S.
Did I mention that I made it to the FINAL ROUND of the Lucky Magazine Lifestyle Contributor Contest?!! I'll send the link out tomorrow so all my wonderful readers can go online and comment on why they would love to see me win!

No comments:

Post a Comment