"Feeling unique is a habit you shouldn't give up."

- Alberto Fermani



"Anyone can get all dressed up and glamorous, but it is how people dress in their off days that is the most intriguing."

-Alexander Wang



1.25.2012

Getting Away

Antiquing With Friends


Hollister Co plaid top, $14
Mulberry fur vest, $295
Cotton jacket, $160
True Religion cropped skinny jeans, €219
Rag & bone motorcycle shoes, $595
Miss Selfridge long strap handbag, £24
Kenneth Jay Lane chain jewelry, $61
Cable hat, $32


I'm looking forward to a quiet weekend away with some close friends. It will be cold (probably really cold) but I want a good outfit for a day of walking, antiquing, and maybe a glass of wine (not before noon, of course). On trips like this, I keep in mind that I'm in a small town. I don't mean that in an obnoxious way; I just mean I think it's important to be appropriate and that means knowing where you are. Think about it this way- even Rachel Zoe tweaks her wardrobe depending on which (amazing) city she's visiting. L.A. is different than New York is different than Paris is different than Milan. So there's no reason to break out the flashy (faux) fur over the plaid shirt that I might wear if I was shopping in NYC. The vest will do just fine.

Can't wait!

(P.S.- I lied. My short fur is not faux. This might make you not like me but I feel like a poser if I don't tell you the truth. So there it is.)

No comments:

Post a Comment