"Feeling unique is a habit you shouldn't give up."

- Alberto Fermani



"Anyone can get all dressed up and glamorous, but it is how people dress in their off days that is the most intriguing."

-Alexander Wang



2.20.2011

My Jacket Makes Me Laugh


If you haven't checked out the fashion blog Man Repeller, you really should. It's a hilarious commentary on the fashion that women love and yet is so repellant to men. You know exactly what she's talking about because we've all had that moment when your man looks at your outfit and says something like, "Seriously? What is this all about?" We wear it anyway because we love it but, lo and behold, not a single guy hits on you at the bar that night. Wait, maybe that's why my husband never gives me a hard time about those kinds of outfits. My clothes are literally keeping other men from finding me attractive!

Anyway, Saturday night I wore one of my most favorite "man repelling" items- a beautiful black silk and wool jacket by Camilla and Marc with huge shoulder pads that actually sit on TOP of the shoulders (instead of being sewn in on the inside.) I think it's cool. My husband said I looked great. And not one single guy at the bar looked at me twice. I guess it's working for all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment