"Feeling unique is a habit you shouldn't give up."

- Alberto Fermani



"Anyone can get all dressed up and glamorous, but it is how people dress in their off days that is the most intriguing."

-Alexander Wang



2.28.2011

The Oscars


picture from trendspics.com


I feel compelled to say something about the dresses last night although, since EVERYONE is talking about it already, I won't drone on for too long.

Gwyneth Paltrow in gold Calvin Klein- hands down, my favorite. She looked perfect.

Jennifer Hudson in tangerine Versace- She looked so good and I appreciated that 1. her boobs are clearly real and 2. that it didn't stop her from showing a little appropriate cleavage.

Anne Hathaway- So many dresses! I didn't love them all. But I did love the tuxedo and the gold fringe dress.

Mila Kunis- hmmmm. I like the dress except for the little lace peekaboo part. It was a little too light and looked like weird pasties sticking out. But she looked comfortable and cool.

Melissa Leo- Not a winner for me. Why the mirrored stuff under the gold lace? It was too much. And I'm all for throwing around the f-bomb once in a while but kind of tacky in your Oscar acceptance speech for Best Supporting Actress. I guess Alice would be proud at least.

Natalie Portman- Redeemed herself from Golden Globes.

Michelle Williams- She did, too. I love this white Chanel dress.

Scarlett Johannson- HATED it! What was going on here? The sheer parts were so weird and white looking.

Reese Witherspoon- I guess she looked nice but it was SO Julia Roberts from the year she won, right down to the hair. Boring.

Cate Blanchett- Most interesting dress of the night (Givenchy). I thought it was amazing, beautiful, artistic... I could go on and on.

Amy Adams- in L'Wren Scott. Loved the dress. I didn't like the necklace.

Halle Berry- Always pretty but always, always looks the same.

Hilary Swank- I loved the dress but she needed some jewelry. She was way too bare for my taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment