"Feeling unique is a habit you shouldn't give up."

- Alberto Fermani



"Anyone can get all dressed up and glamorous, but it is how people dress in their off days that is the most intriguing."

-Alexander Wang



3.17.2011

The Maxi Dress

I love, love, love long dresses. I'm not so into the plain jersey maxi dress but, give it a pattern and a cool cut, and you can't beat it for statement-making. I've shown you a picture before of one that I have that belonged to my mom back in the day. I've worn it with a leather jacket and leather obi belt to an event and, more recently styled it with blush colored platforms and a fox fur coat.



And I have another more casual maxi dress by L.A.M.B. that I've worn a million times with and without belts, with a military jacket one time and a blue floral cardigan another, with gold flat sandals and with brown platform peep toes. It is endlessly versatile. Then, today, I saw another one that I could not pass up. After it caught my eye the first time, I shook it off and said it wasn't necessary. But I walked by again and noticed it was only $200! I was shopping for clients and they had a promotion at the store that gave you $50 off every purchase over $500. That would make the dress $150! So, of course, I tried it on. And, of course, I fell in love with it. Here it is- my new favorite maxi dress. I can't wait to play with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment