"Feeling unique is a habit you shouldn't give up."

- Alberto Fermani



"Anyone can get all dressed up and glamorous, but it is how people dress in their off days that is the most intriguing."

-Alexander Wang



3.21.2011




The Today Show is having a contest (it could even be over, I'm not sure) to go to London the week of the royal wedding. It got me thinking about what it would be like to attend the royal wedding if you hadn't ever been to an event like that. Like most of us haven't. I thought, "Fun! I'll make the outfit I would wear!" But then I realized I don't know the first thing about the rules of dressing for a royal wedding. I've searched online- just a little since I'm not really going- and was not able to find a whole lot. But I did ascertain that sleeves were important since it was at Westminster Abbey (preferably long), gloves, and a hat, of course. I still don't know if people change for the reception. So this is my uneducated attempt at creating my outfit if I were going. I must admit, I don't know why this interests me because the royals in general don't. But I do love a wedding and, since I like going to them all, it seemed like a good opportunity to dream up a new fancy outfit.

Btw- I know it's April in London and I would definitely need a wrap but I didn't see one I liked and I figured 2 hours was long enough putting together an outfit for something I'm not really attending.

No comments:

Post a Comment