"Feeling unique is a habit you shouldn't give up."

- Alberto Fermani



"Anyone can get all dressed up and glamorous, but it is how people dress in their off days that is the most intriguing."

-Alexander Wang



3.14.2011

Office Wear

After spending last week and Saturday working with two clients on their business wardrobes, I am reminded of how much fun it can be dressing for the office if you put a little effort in to it. I had so much fun choosing dressy, conservative pieces and then twisting them to make them interesting. It actually had me reminiscing about my days in an office and how I actually enjoyed suits and suit-like outfits despite my office's business casual environment.

A couple of pieces that worked for both my clients (one is a more casual office and one is a very conservative office) stayed within the "rules" but had a very distinct and current style.

1. Suiting jacket in a more relaxed shape


2. High-waisted pants, wide-legged pants


3. Platform heel





Of course, the other key to putting together your office wardrobe is making sure the pieces all switch back and forth between each other. And, of course, don't forget your accessories. It is the number one thing you can do to make a work outfit interesting especially when the clothing tends to be more neutral.


No comments:

Post a Comment