"Feeling unique is a habit you shouldn't give up."

- Alberto Fermani



"Anyone can get all dressed up and glamorous, but it is how people dress in their off days that is the most intriguing."

-Alexander Wang



9.13.2011

I GOT THE BIKE!!!



It was a rough morning. I hurt my neck (in my sleep???) and could barely turn my head when I got up. My hopes of getting to Target for the launch of the Missoni for Target collection by 8 am seemed impossible. I went online at 6:30 am and most of the home goods were already sold out. So, with some help from my husband, I got going and got the kids ready for school. As I headed to Target, I had less than 2 miles to go before I ran out of gas. Hmmmm.... what should I do? Straight to the store is what I decided! When I pulled in at 8:35, the parking lot was pretty full. Inside, lots of ladies swarming the women's collection so I headed straight for the bike department. Of course, I had to make a quick stop at the kid's clothing to pick up sweaters, mittens, hats, and tights for Pearl. Then, I was on my way.

As I headed down the aisle, I could see it. Not the turqoise chevron from the main ad, but the black and white chevron bike (which I think I may even like more). I headed down the main aisle to look for help and got some quickly. They seemed really excited and happy to help me. Turns out, it was the one and only bike they received at that store!

I scored lots of good stuff but the bike is the coolest. Since I never have luck at this kind of "event," I feel especially over-the-moon!

If you haven't headed to your local store yet, you better go now. Seriously. Or call me. I may have extras!

1 comment: