"Feeling unique is a habit you shouldn't give up."

- Alberto Fermani



"Anyone can get all dressed up and glamorous, but it is how people dress in their off days that is the most intriguing."

-Alexander Wang



9.08.2011

What a Day

The conference was everything I hoped it would be. Diane von Furstenberg was glamorous and sophisticated and warm... all of this I write as I eat nachos which I cannot imagine has ever graced DVF's lips. But she was really informative and showed us a new bag coming out called The Harper Connect. It is medium sized and a rich caramel leather with a brass buckle on the front. But the best part is that, when you flip it over, there is a zipper that opens to your iPad. You never have to take the device out of your purse! Very chic. I loved it and I want one.

I know you are dying to know about Rodger Berman, Rachel Zoe's husband, as well. He was really cool. Again, super informative, down to earth, and very handsome. The hair was cute, too.

But, on to the main attraction...What were the fashion bloggers wearing? I was impressed, for sure. What I'm loving about fashion right now is that what is truly "in" is what you make look good. There was a lot of color, of course, and nude heels was major, some stripes, some leopard print, a little lace (less than I expected, actually) and quite a few pairs of leather shorts. There was also a strong showing of 40's style and all the girls had their own unique take on it.

But here are a few recreations of my favorites. I thought these were stylish, accessible, and practical for a range of ages and body types. To me, it's all about reality when I'm getting dressed and I feel like these were great examples of that.

Look by The Brooklyn Blonde (check out her blog- www.brooklynblonde.com)

-the highlight was these pants...



Along with a white tee tucked in, the rest looked something (not exactly) like this...

FABB





Vince motorcycle jacket
$925 - saksfifthavenue.com




Elie Saab suede high heels
$382 - boutique1.com




Kenneth Jay Lane link necklace
£271 - kabiri.co.uk




Dorothy Perkins black waist belt
£5 - dorothyperkins.com








Aaacck!... gotta go. I'll do more looks later.

No comments:

Post a Comment