"Feeling unique is a habit you shouldn't give up."

- Alberto Fermani



"Anyone can get all dressed up and glamorous, but it is how people dress in their off days that is the most intriguing."

-Alexander Wang



1.18.2012

Even Chowder Can be Inspiring

Eat Soup


Lazy Lu oversized shirt, £38
Étoile Isabel Marant knit pants, $179
Minnetonka shoes, $90
Diamond earrings, $20
Rag bone cotton scarve, $65



My cousin-in-law Kelly has a very cool blog about her cooking endeavors. The food always sounds and looks amazing and I wish I liked the actual act of cooking more so that I could eat this really tasty stuff. Or that I lived close to Kelly so she could invite me over to eat. Today, I was reading her post about chowder and I really, really wanted to eat it. But, instead, I decided to do what I'm good at which is make an outfit that I would want to wear while I'm eating it. It's good to know your weaknesses but it's even better to know your strengths, ya' know?

If there is any part of you that thinks I'm CRAZY for thinking about what I would wear while I'm eating soup, then you should check out the post she did on s'more shooters. Especially the part about celebrating life. You see, the other thing that is awesome about Kelly's blog, is that she's a killer writer. She knows how to make you think she's writing about food but there's just as much good stuff in there about life.

I guess the point she's making is why I don't feel badly about dressing up for even the little moments because it's the little moments that make up the big picture. And I definitely want to look good for the big picture!

Thanks, Kelly, for today's inspirational outfit!

No comments:

Post a Comment