"Feeling unique is a habit you shouldn't give up."

- Alberto Fermani



"Anyone can get all dressed up and glamorous, but it is how people dress in their off days that is the most intriguing."

-Alexander Wang



1.03.2012

Preparations for New Orleans

New Orleans... Jazz Brunch or Dinner at Galatoire's


Stella McCartney wool pants, $315
ASOS leather satchel handbag, $145
Diane von Fürstenberg box clutch, $219
Kate spade bangle, $248
Stone jewelry, $30
Yves saint laurent ring, $250
Yochi Design stud earrings, $60
Chan Luu beaded ring, $215
LK Designs black earrings, €102
Blouse
Miu miu shoes


I've got one thing on my mind now that the holidays are over- New Orleans! I'm headed there MLK weekend to celebrate my husband's 40th birthday. We're planning on eating our way through the weekend at some old favorites as well as a new place. Given that a few of the places require dressing up, I've been obsessing about what to wear. I think I have what I need in my wardrobe and am actually looking forward to getting some more use out of some of my dressier stuff. I'll take pictures of the actual outfits when packing. However, in the meantime, I'm going to have fun putting some stuff together for you in case you have any of your own soirees to attend in the next couple of months.

Here's the first one. The top, pants, and shoes stay the same whether I'm wearing it to Commander's Palace for Jazz Brunch or to dinner at Galatoire's. Not that I would wear it to both but I like how I can switch up the jewelry and bag and make it either day or night. If you're not headed to New Orleans, I like this for baby/wedding showers or a dinner party.

No comments:

Post a Comment