"Feeling unique is a habit you shouldn't give up."

- Alberto Fermani



"Anyone can get all dressed up and glamorous, but it is how people dress in their off days that is the most intriguing."

-Alexander Wang



1.12.2012

Jacket Obsession

Dinner Out


Vince rib tank, €59
3 1 Phillip Lim tux jacket, $625
3 1 Phillip Lim one button jacket, $625
Citizens of humanity jeans, $176
Round toe pumps, $495
Balenciaga zip bag, $795
Dannijo brass jewelry, $398
Miss Selfridge bow hat, £25


I've finished packing for my trip and I am very proud of myself because I actually took pictures of my outfits and was very organized this time. This is something I do all the time for clients- I even create "menus" of outfits so they don't have to think about what they're wearing at all. It also keeps you from forgetting important items. But, for some reason, I don't usually do this for myself and, lately, this has resulted in forgetting things. But not this time! I am ready!

My only outfit worry was my Friday night dinner ensemble. It's a casual restaurant but hip casual, you know? So I was going to do these matte sequin black pants, a white tank, black jacket with fun leather details, the striped python pumps, and a black hat. But I don't love the pants on me right now so it was bumming me out. Then today I found a GREAT jacket! So cool! By 3.1 Phillip Lim, it is part of his resort or spring collection (not sure which). Anyway, the front is longer than the back and it is a super bright, cheerful orange. It's really fun. Plus, I am wearing it with a pair of straight leg jeans that I already have packed for another day outfit, thus eliminating an extra pair of pants. Believe me, at this point, all eliminations are helpful! I haven't over packed in the sense of I have more outfits than I need but I just didn't do a whole lot of doubling up even with my shoes. Oh well. Now I am happy and ready to go. I have to mention that the picture above doesn't really do the outfit justice; I think it looks much cooler on than in this layout.

I'm out until next week when I've recovered enough to blog again. Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment