"Feeling unique is a habit you shouldn't give up."

- Alberto Fermani



"Anyone can get all dressed up and glamorous, but it is how people dress in their off days that is the most intriguing."

-Alexander Wang



5.05.2011

The Best Vintage I've Seen in a While!!!

My friend sent me a link to a Washington Post article about a new vintage store in Old Town, Alexandria. Lo and behold, it is owned by Annie Lee formerly of Annie Creamcheese in Georgetown. Her new store, Pretty People, is on the 100 block of N. Patrick St., right off King Street. OMG. It was SUCH a breath of fresh air. Not since Remix, which was in Del Ray, have I had so much fun shopping vintage. The pieces are in great shape. They are very interesting which falls in line with my theory of what wearing vintage should actually be... taking risks because the pieces are (basically) one-of-a-kind and so why would you want to buy a basic? Did I mention, AFFORDABLE!!!??? Finding vintage designer is always fun but it gets tough when the prices are over $500. While there are a few things like that, most of it was well under $100. Great suede fringed vests, bohemian dresses, cool jackets, amazing hats and bags, and tons and tons of jewelry. There is a little consignment and a smattering of new stuff but everything was cool. Did I mention the vintage Chloe dress I scored for 189 bucks??? Even better, the baja inspired jacket by JC Penny circa 1970 that I got for $36??? I wore that jacket today with light wash, wide-legged jeans, big 'ol clogs and a kind of tribal looking necklace and got a bunch of compliments. Which was great because it gave me the chance to tell them where I got such a cool piece. So check it out because it's worth it and we NEED stores like that in Old Town!

www.prettypeoplevintage.com
108 N. Patrick St., Alexandria

No comments:

Post a Comment