"Feeling unique is a habit you shouldn't give up."

- Alberto Fermani



"Anyone can get all dressed up and glamorous, but it is how people dress in their off days that is the most intriguing."

-Alexander Wang



5.31.2011

Housewives in Morroco



I am obsessed with Real Housewives. All of them. I watch every single city with the exception of Miami (they were so annoying) and I may not go back to D.C. because it was boring as hell. And the fashion was embarrassing. (If any of you know any of the DC ladies, please pass along my info. and don't show them this blog. :)) Anyway, New York is one of the cities on right now and the women have travelled to Morocco. It is so funny to see some of them (Sonja and Ramona, specifically) traipse around the city dressed like they're going to a club. Not exactly appropriate, if you know what I mean. But Kelly (as in kooky, crazy Kelly Bensimon) had the best shopping outfit on last week and I had to mention it here because I can't really think of a city that it wouldn't work in. New York, DC, London, Paris, Rome, Marrakesh... the list goes on for sure. Hers was a simple navy to-the-knee full skirt with a plain long sleeve fitted white tee, and ballet flats (maybe in red, I can't remember). She looked perfect and appropriate, dressy but not too, and chic without being fussy. I realized I could copy this look with some similar pieces I have in my closet and I made a mental note to remember this for the next time I travel someplace besides the beach!

Here are some examples- tweak as you deem necessary for the city/weather in which you are travelling!

No comments:

Post a Comment