"Feeling unique is a habit you shouldn't give up."

- Alberto Fermani



"Anyone can get all dressed up and glamorous, but it is how people dress in their off days that is the most intriguing."

-Alexander Wang



5.22.2011

The Junior Department

I thought I had moved out of shopping in the junior department many, many years ago. I mean, once I got curves, things just didn't fit like they should. Although, the girls I see these days have plenty of curves so maybe that's not the main reason anymore. Regardless, what is definite is that I don't want to look like I'm trying to reclaim my youth by dressing in clothing inappropriate for my age. (Or just plain innappropriate!) But I found myself visiting this department again for great options in inexpensive accessories. Price and quality definitely do correlate so I never expect my $12 necklace to last much more than a season. But it's great for trendy options. Lately, I've even been venturing into the clothing area and found some cute tops. Last week, it was a blush colored cotton top for $28 and a burn out white tank with a fun dream catcher on the front for $24. This week, I found a pair of "silky" floral print shorts- that were long enough!- for $20. I don't imagine this stuff will get me past this summer but it's perfect for hot days hanging around at the pool and park. I won't care if they get covered in suntan lotion or ice cream drips and, when they do, I'll throw them in the washing machine and wear them again the next week.

Here are a couple of examples. Look how inexpensive!!


No comments:

Post a Comment