"Feeling unique is a habit you shouldn't give up."

- Alberto Fermani



"Anyone can get all dressed up and glamorous, but it is how people dress in their off days that is the most intriguing."

-Alexander Wang



5.13.2011

Flats in My Future


Missoni espadrille available at shopbop.com

Although there are plenty of days that I wear flat shoes as I'm running around with my kids, you would be hard pressed to find me in them for any kind of social event or even just a day that I'm doing errands but not "heavy lifting." I wish I liked them more but I'm just a heels kind of girl and I guess I always will be. However, a couple of days ago I majorly jammed one of my toes (glamorous, right?) and have been relegated to, as my daughter puts it, "an ugly, ugly, ugly" medical shoe. Which means my good foot is also relegated to a flat. I can deal with this during the day but horrified about this for night. Anyway, the whole thing has gotten me really thinking about cute flats and, luckily, I always find them cuter in the summer. Here are some of my favorites right now.


Joie Young Love available at shopbop.com


Ecote Friendship Bracelet sandals available at urbanoutfitters.com


Chie Mihara flats available at shopbop.com


Bernardo Mardi sandals available at theshoehive.com


P.S.
I would like to mention that the toe incident happened while wearing 6 inch platforms and chasing a man who snatched a purse from an old lady. That would be a good story! However, the truth is, I was wearing FLATS and tripped going up the stairs in my mud room. Totally and completely un-glamorous.

No comments:

Post a Comment