"Feeling unique is a habit you shouldn't give up."

- Alberto Fermani



"Anyone can get all dressed up and glamorous, but it is how people dress in their off days that is the most intriguing."

-Alexander Wang



5.10.2011

Can't Get Enough of Hats




I know I've talked about this before, but I have to go on again about how much I love hats to define an outfit. I realized this weekend that I've been relying on them heavily (specifically, a couple of fedoras) to make what is otherwise a pretty simple outfit look interesting. On Mother's Day, my family and I were going to ride a carousel, take a walk on a dusty gravel path along the canal, have lunch at a nice restaurant in Leesburg, and visit a farm. I felt a bit stumped as to how to dress for all of these things. So I went simple with a boyfriend jeans, a tee, casual jewelry, and chuck taylors. But I thought it didn't look cute enough for the restaurant. That's when I added a patterned fedora. It made the whole thing so much more fun!

Hats can also be used to dress down an outfit, too. On Saturday evening, I was going to a surprise birthday party with my family. I put on some silky pants, low heels, and a matte sequin tank. But I was worried I was too dressy. So I added an ivory straw fedora with a black band and the outfit looked more on the fun side than the dressy side. It has definitely been handy to have a couple of these at my disposal. Also, all of mine have been pretty cheap- $25-$38. Not bad.



No comments:

Post a Comment