"Feeling unique is a habit you shouldn't give up."

- Alberto Fermani



"Anyone can get all dressed up and glamorous, but it is how people dress in their off days that is the most intriguing."

-Alexander Wang



1.07.2011

Going Somewhere?

I love packing for a vacation. I know most people hate it but I really love planning out each and every piece I'm going to bring, creating a different outfit for each day and night if necessary, and of course a few backups for the unexpected. I was telling my dad how I can pack in a relatively small bag these days and he reminded me of a cross-country trip I took with my husband at the end of our first year of marriage. He said that when he walked into the room where I was packing, I had enough shoes lined up around the room to fill a large storage space. We were gone for four weeks on that trip. I think I probably wore about 4 pairs the entire time; the rest stayed in a huge duffel bag in the trunk of our car. This is no longer how I do it although I must admit I still have the most trouble cutting back on shoes!

So, just for fun, let's say you're jetting off to some gorgeous, chic, and warm destination for 4 days. Unless you know from previous experience or from the resort's website that it has a dress code, chances are things will be relaxed. It is the beach after all. The flat shoes and wedges go with at least one, if not all, of the outfits you see. The more casual dresses can be dressed up and the dressier one, dressed down. The black knit pants are perfect for your travel days since they don't wrinkle and you don't want to have shorts on when you're in your leaving or arriving home. The beach cover ups are appropriate for more than just the pool or beach. The white silk top will dress up either pair of silk shorts for a fun night outfit if you don't want to do the dress. And, since you saved so much space on shoes, you have tons of room for as many accessories as you want! It looks llike a lot on the page but it will handle day and night and will fit into a carry-on. If I had some extra room, I'd throw in a printed maxi dress but, really, you don't need it. Here's wishing I was on my way!

2-3 bathing suits
1-2 cover-ups
1 pair pool/beach shoes
3 jersey/silk sundresses
2 pair shorts
3 tops
1 evening wrap
1 pair comfortable pants to travel
1 pair high wedges
accessories

Kain Starlett jersey dress
$125 - net-a-porter.com
Scoopneck dress »

Felicity brown no. 23 dresses NAVY
145 GBP - matchesfashion.com
Brown dresses »

Lem Lem Marta Tunic
$220 - barneys.com
Dresses »

Batik Sailor Tunic
$295 - calypsostbarth.com
Batik tunic »

Waterfall Drape Shorts
$70 - topshop.com
Shorts »

Carnival silk shorts
$89 - theoutnet.com
Sheer shorts »

Magid N825S
$30 - lorisshoes.com
Striped tote »

African Bangle Set
$250 - calypsostbarth.com
Indian jewelry »

Future Compass Hoop Earrings
$188 - charmandchain.com
Fallon jewelry »

No comments:

Post a Comment